The feeling in the air is very strange at the moment.
We seem to be standing either on a crossroads or maybe at the edge of a cliff.
If we take the left fork we are looking at a change in behaviour that many cant make
The idea of proper and full equality scares many people. I am not talking about feminism or black lives matter I am talking about real equality.
Real equality is when we ALL take responsibility for our behaviour
1. We look at the way that we are treating a planet that we CANNOT leave. This is the FACT that many cannot see. We CANNOT leave this planet, and yet we damage the environment that sustains us, we kill the bees that pollinate our food, we dig for oil that is making the atmosphere unsustainable for us to continue living here.
Now please don't misunderstand me, we are not going destroy the planet, no matter what we think we are not powerful enough to do that. The earth will allow us to die, it will laugh as the famines begin, and the storms hit the coasts and the sea eats the land. It will turn beneath us with as much care for us as we have for the multitudes of bacteria that swarm and live on our skin, are you even aware of them? No and after we are gone the earth will remake itself as it has thousands of times before. We are Killing ourselves and doing it with the hedenous abandon that marks us as a really stupid race.
2. We need to look at the way we feed ourselves. I love meat, I do, but it is unsustainable for people to eat meat in the west when people are dieing in the east of starvation. If we gave up meat it would allow us to grow food crops instead of feeding cattle to feed ourselves.
3. Religion. Religion is an abdication of responsibility. It allows you to use the twisted words of other people to shield your own heinous behaviour. It allows hypochrisy of massive proportions, it allows you to control other people who either do not believe as you do or are a a different gender or are a different sexuality.
Religion is childish beyond belief. The belief that an anthropomorphic universal god is on one persons side and not another is childish beyond reason and if you actually look a the people who believe this they indeed show a level of infancy that is shocking. I include in this rather sweeping statement evangelical versions of any religion Christian, Muslim, Jewish and indeed sadly Pagan.
Their need to deny facts that are starting them in the face, their ability to overlook the fact that an Omniscient, Omnipresent deity would be within all the things they hate, and that the Devil is in fact made of God is blindness that can only come from a damaged mind. We need to stop this.
4. Allowing people to be responsible for their own bodies - Legalise drugs, tax drugs, put the taxes into the health care and educational system. Allow people to end their lives with dignity. Think more about the life of the Person than the potential person. Allow a woman to be a woman without the risk of rape or harm for being a woman. Today I saw an advert of facebook (so it must be true) for anti rape underwear, underwear that will not come down. Really, this is our answer to rape? to make the woman responsible for her own potential rape. What the fuck!!
Our othere option is the Right fork
We follow what appears to be the current tidal pull
1. We allow ourselves to look after only ourselves
2. We encourage Xenophobia and sit back and watch the hate multiply
3. We take away a woman's right to look after and make decisions for her own body.
4. We fail to take a stand on things like other countries views on women and things like FGM whilst saying well its none of our business its their country let them sort it out.
5. We feed our people genetically modified crap and wonder why our kids have autism and cancers are fire.
6. We spend money that we don't have on stuff that we don't need and then worry that we work too much to bring up our families properly, and then complain when our children have mental illnesses.
7. Devalue teachers, Scientists,Doctors and any of the professions that come close to doing a service to society.
8. Value celebrity, stupidity and Sex as a commodity.
Myself I am going ot take the left fork
I am going to try to do what is right even if it is hard - I am going to speak up for the world I want and yes I worry about stuff in the world but you know all in all its a pretty fucking wonderful place to be and I am fucking lucky to be here.
So enough with the crap
Stand up and sort out your own corner - Get out and do things. Give your time and your effort to something besides your own self.
Be a Nasty woman or man or whatever gender you are lucky enough to be
I AIM TO MISBEHAVE - JOIN ME
We are citizens of the world. We have one planet. We are One race. We have one fucking life, it might be messy and fucked up and we might be scared to lose it but do you know what I dont care any more . I want a better world!
We need to grow the fuck up!!